Branding and visual identity are often used interchangeably because many think that they have the same meaning and function. However, these two are not the same!
Branding involves all the actions a company takes to build awareness and stand out from the competition. On the other hand, the visual identity is the visual aspect of branding the company, and this involves actions to evoke certain feelings in consumers.
All About Visual Identity
Visual identity is part of branding, including the business’s visible features, such as the logo design, colors, shapes, and forms, photos, and other materials to help convey the brand’s message.
As mentioned, the purpose of a business identity is to produce an emotional response from your target audience. Also, this aims to inform viewers about what your brand is all about, as well as the services or products you offer. Moreover, your visual identity will harmonize the various aspects of the company through consistent graphics.
Below are several essential brand elements that’s part of our logo design package delivery:
- Graphics: These are images that are designed or drawn for the brand. They can come in shapes and forms of logos, icons, or animations.
- Typography: This is the shape or style of the text you use for your branding. Many font types are available to use, and each type can invoke a specific emotion in the viewer.
- Color palette: This helps identify the brand through a scheme. However, it’s not as simple as choosing primary colors. Instead, the right color palette must be determined to produce powerful emotional responses.
- Imagery: This is the photography and video content of the brand in ads. Designers need to curate images that are the most representative of the brand’s personality and its customers.
- Physical brand assets: These are physical materials that support the brand’s visual identity. However, only brands with a physical presence can use this. It can include the layout and design of the store, the staff’s uniforms, and many more.
Establishing An Effective Visual Identity
There are many ways to build your brand’s visual identity. The first step is to define your brand identity, as this will guide the visuals decisions. What are your mission statements and core values? Also, be sure to consider your target audience and communication style, among many others!
Next, you need to familiarize yourself with various design elements to construct an identity that will resonate with your target market. This is where graphic design comes in. Another point is to tell a compelling story that will show people what it is all about instead of merely “telling them.”
Ultimately, simplicity is always the best route to take when it comes to visible elements. Moreover, keeping it unsophisticated will avoid confusion and overwhelming your audience. Remember that you only have a limited time to make an impression, which is why your audience must understand your visuals as soon as they see them.
Your brand’s visual identity is a powerful tool to tell your story and connect with your audience. Understanding your brand first will help you set up your company’s visuals right. Additionally, make sure you have the right team with you to make your graphics come to life.
Create beautiful logo designs and strengthen your brand’s visual identity with our solutions. Let us help shape your brand to ensure long-term growth and success. Visit our website today to start making your logo!