- What is 48hourslogo?
- 48hourslogo is one of the top logo contest websites on the Internet. By launching a logo design contest online, you can have your new business logo created by dozens of logo designers from around the world, and all you have to do is pick a winner. Logo design contest has become a popular way for small business owners and entrepreneurs to get a professional logo design at very reasonable price.
- How is 48hourslogo different from other contest sites?
Fast Like our name suggests, our standard contest run for 48 hours instead of 1 or 2 weeks. That means our customer receive logo design sooner and usually just few hours after the contest going live.
Affordable We offer most affordable logo design contest online. Our minimum contest prize is just $99. That means you can get a complete logo design, with design concepts from a dozen professional logo designers, for a total cost of $128 (including $29 listing fee). You can even list your contest for $29, and pay the contest prize only if you are happy with logo concepts submitted by our designers.
Effective With more than 15,000 happy customers, and overall customer rating of 4.9 (out of 5), we know you will be happy with our service. We list all our completed contests on the home page so you can get a realistic feel of both the quality and quantity of designs you can expect when launching your own contest.
- What is 48hourslogo contest process like?
Our contest process is divided into the following 3 stages:
Qualifying stage (duration: 1 to 7 days) Designers enter your open contest by submitting designs according to your design brief.
Design revisions (duration: 7 days) At the end of qualifying stage, you will be prompted to select up to 3 finalist designers to enter the "design revision stage". You will have a full week to work on your design revisions before selecting your contest winner.
Project completion (up to 1 month) After selection your contest winner, you will work with your winning designer on finalizing your design. Once you download and confirm your logo package file, we will release your contest prize to the winning designer.
- What if I don't like any of the designs submitted?
If you don’t see anything you like at the end of qualifying stage, you will have the option to re-list and invite new designers to join your contest.
Relist contest ($19)
This will relist your contest for another 48 hours. It will appear on top of our open project list again to receive new logo concepts from our designers.
Relist with top designers ($39)
We will relist your contest for another 48 hours and send 4 of our top designers a special invite (with $5 bonus each) to submit to your project.
Relist with extra top designers ($59)
We will relist your contest for another 48 hours and send 8 of our top designers a special invite (with $5 bonus each) to submit to your project.
- What's your refund policy?
Logo contest started with initial listing fee If your contest received less than 5 design submissions at the end of the qualifying stage, you can either request for a full refund of your listing fee or re-list your contest again free of charge.
Logo contest started with guaranteed prize If your contest received less than 10 design submissions at the end of the qualifying stage, you can also request for a full refund or re-list the contest free of charge.
- How do I increase my contest prize?
- During design concept stage, click on the "Increase prize" link on your contest page and choose desired option. If you concept stage has already ended, click on the "re-list contest" link and you will also see the option to increase your prize.
- What's designer invite?
- You can send a special invite (with $5 bonus) to any of our top logo designers to join your contest. This is a great way to have your favorite designers to join your contest. Designer invites are $5 each and you can purchase anytime by clicking on the “Invite designer” link on your contest page.
- What's participation tip?
- It works just like a tip. You can purchase them anytime on your contest page ($5 each) and award it to any designers who you think went the extra mile and deserve a little extra. This is a great way to show your appreciation for designers who worked hard on your project but didn't win. Designers love it, so your contest gets the extra attention.
- Do I own the logo?
- Absolutely, once our client selects a winning logo design, the legal ownership of this logo transfer to the client. Other design concepts not selected remain copyrighted by the respective designers.
- What if I like more than one designs in a contest?
- Our contest rule allows you to select only one winning design. However as soon as you select a contest winner, you will see the options to buy non-winning logos from other designers participated in your contest. The prices for each additional logo design varies depend on the designers and are usually between $50 to $100. When you buy additional design, you also receive free revisions if needed and also the complete logo package including design source files.
- What file formats will I receive?
- Our final logo package includes JPG, PNG, PDF, and EPS (vector source file). These file formats will be sufficient for both online and offline printing. Any additional formats can be request directly from the winning logo designer.
- How do I design my business card and stationery?
Business card and stationery is part of our brand identity design offerings. If you already have a logo design, go to our start page, select the brand identity design option and checkbox the items you need designed. The minimum prize for brand identity design is $50 per items selected.
If you don't have a logo, we highly recommend you select the logo + brand identity design bundle to save on fees. With our logo + brand identity bundle, we will launch your logo contest first. Once you confirm your logo design, we will then kick off your brand identity design contest automatically.
- How to become a logo designer at 48hourslogo?
- Click on the "Join as designer" link and enter your basic information. We will give you a small design assignment in order to see if you have the basic graphic design skills needed to create professional logos. If you pass this test, we will Email and welcome you to our designer community and you are free to participate in any of our open logo contests.
- What are the requirements when submitting my design in a contest?
VECTOR ONLY - No Photoshop; use Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw etc. (Final artwork submitted in EPS with fonts converted to outlines)
NO CLIPART - Must be original work of art.
IMAGE DIMENSIONS - 330x250 px in JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
NO WATERMARKS - your design firm or other.
IMAGE CENTERED - horizontally and vertically with sufficient spacing all around.
- How much will designers get paid at 48hourslogo?
Winning designer will receive contest prize immediately after the project is completed. 48hourslogo will take a 20% commission from each prize and pay the rest to the winning designer.
In addition to the winning prize, designers may receive other rewards such as:
- * $5 for each contest invite you receive
- * $5 for each participation tip you receive
- * $3 for every time when you make the finalist in a contest
- What happen to my designs if not selected as the winner?
- You still own these designs you submitted to a contest. You can either withdraw you non-winning designs or offer to sell them at a fixed price which you can setup on your account page. Many of our clients make separate design purchases in addition to the winning logo.
- Why I can't see other people's design entry?
- 48hourslogo used blind contest during the open design concept stage. Blind contest prevents designers from copying each other's idea, therefore maximizing contest creativity.
- How do I receive my payment?
- Because we send our payment via Paypal, so please make sure you have a valid Paypal account. All your earnings are accumulated in your designer balance. You can withdraw your balance at anytime. The fund should be available in your Paypal account within 48 hours of you making the withdraw.
- How do I submit my design when a project is in revision stage?
- Only designers who have been selected by the contest holder to participate in the revision stage can submit new designs. You will be notified when you are selected as the finalist in a project. Your design concepts submitted when project was open will most likely determine if you can enter into the revision stage and eventually winning the contest.
- My design just won, what's next?
- For the winning designer, you will see an upload window at the bottom of the project page where you can upload the logo package(zip format) for this design. You can also contact the client directly by sending him a message there. Once the client confirms the logo package, the contest prize will be added to your earning balance and available for immediate withdraw.
- What should be included inside of a logo package?
Our standard logo package should include the following:
- * Final design in ai, eps, jpeg and pdf formats
- * Logo design on black/white background (jpg format)
- * Black&White version of the logo (jpg format)
- * Logo icon by itself if apply (jpg format)
- * A text file specifying the colors and fonts used in the design.
Note: Please leave sufficient white space around the design. The package file should be in ZIP format named LogoName.ZIP