- Logo Name：
- Cornerstone City Church
- Company Intro：
- We are a missional community of Christians based in the Medway area of Kent in the UK. 2013 is our 20th anniversary since we were originally planted out from a sister church in Dartford. Our name is currently 'Medway Family Church' but we've just undergone an open process of renaming ourselves 'CORNERSTONE CITY CHURCH' which will culminate in a complete re-launch of the church on September 15th 2013. Here's an explanation of the new name 'CORNERSTONE CITY CHURCH' which should help inform your thinking for the logo design: CORNERSTONE: (first name) - Our mission is the great commission: “Jesus centered transformation of lives to regenerate Medway and beyond”. - Personally our lives are built upon Jesus as the foundation - Corporately our lives are built upon Jesus as the foundation - We want our city to be built upon the cornerstone of Jesus and the fabric of the society regenerated by his kingdom - We want to lay deep foundations of healthy “Rhythms” in our lives, which are built upon Jesus. (A key part of our strategy) - Jesus is at the front and leading edge of our name now rather than anything else. CITY: (Middle name) - Primarily a prophetic name for ourselves. We, the church are the city within a city. – As a church we are to be like a city full of people built on Jesus. We are a “JESUS CITY”. - City: Often linked with things that are important to us multicultural, diversity, mixture of lives, network of activity, life and growing in size. - ‘City’ does convey our heart for the whole of Medway, rather than specifying one town. CHURCH: (Last name) - Identifies us obviously as Christian. - Who we are – community of believers, called out of the world to live in the world, gathering together. - Who we are connected to – local and international body of believers, The Church. We would encourage you to visit our 'MFC Re-Born' website on www.mfcreborn.info and explore the Public Profile section where you will find lots of helpful & relevant info about the new name, why we've chosen it, along with a short mp3 from our key leader explaining the ethos behind the new name: http://mfcreborn.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/why-cornerstone-city-church/
- We want the new logo to be something classically modern, yet timeless and fresh, nothing too old and traditional please! If it was able to somehow communicate people/community in it's design without being too predictable or childlike that would be good, but not essential. Desire to have a strong, striking symbol that can stand on it's own for use on social media sites (square profile picture) without the need for the text. Keen for accompanying strong typography for wider use (on building signage, website, literature, etc.) Emphasise 'CORNERSTONE CITY' with perhaps the 'CHURCH' element less pronounced, but play around with it and please don't see that as prescriptive.
- AWelcome to 48hoursLogo
Here are some helpful tips to get the most out of your design project:
1. Please leave feedback directly on the designs to guide the designers in the right direction
2. Eliminate designs that you are “not interested”
3. Please rate each design between 1 and 5 stars to help designers know your preference.
We want you to get the best possible design for your business. Thank you for choosing 48HoursLogo.com
- CHi, we want to try to avoid the church being known as CCC. Any designs that massively accentuate the CCC element are unlikely to be chosen. Thanks :)
- CHi designers,
Would like to see some designs that use a deep royal purple/violet or aubergine (thinking strong royal velvety colours, but not too weak/pastel or feminine, after something solid & masculine)
- CAlso I think we're swaying towards the logo needing to work well on a lighter background. Thanks!
- CSome of the initial comments I've had back is that some of the concepts submitted so far don't look relational enough, that they are a bit cold and corporate. Perhaps the colours or the addition of rounded edges or somehow including people would be of benefit. Thanks designers!
- CIn the original design brief we asked for CORNERSTONE CITY to be more prominent than church but it would also be prudent to see the designs with the CHURCH just as prominent.
CORNERSTONE = 11 letters
CITY_CHURCH = 11 letters...
Maybe have CORNERSTONE on top line with CITY CHURCH underneath without anything diminished in the design.
- Please ignore #31.
- CWould love to see some of the submitted designs coming back with variations, small tweeks and alterations as suggestions from the designer to improve the concepts. At the moment there are a few strong contenders with striking concepts! Thanks for all your time designers, we're very impressed so far!
- CWe've added a picture of an extra design concept into the design inspirations section that we would like to explore if anyone out there feels able to experiment with the concept. Thanks ;)
- CIt would be great to see some fresh ideas of designs being submitted. Got a few that are pretty strong concepts but feel there could be something out there to compete, just not seen it yet!